Proving Negligence & Causation in Delayed Diagnosis Cases
In order to investigate your delayed diagnosis claim, our attorneys will partner with medical experts to examine your physician’s diagnosis and records of your care. Our investigative experts and medical professionals can identify where your diagnosis was delayed, what symptoms your doctor should have recognized or responded to, and how your delayed diagnosis led to your damages. Using expert witnesses, our medical malpractice attorneys can build an effective and compelling case to recover medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Some examples of negligence leading to delayed diagnosis:
- The doctor did not include the correct diagnosis on the differential diagnosis list.
- The doctor failed to perform the appropriate tests.
- The doctor failed to see or consider opinions from specialists.
- The doctor drew the wrong conclusions from the test results.
- The diagnostic equipment used was faulty.
- Human error, such as contaminated samples, occurred.
- The tests were read incorrectly or not read at all.
Get Experienced Help from Our Injury Lawyers
At The Simon Law Firm, P.C., we have the experience and dedication to help you. In fact, we have obtained more than half a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements. Our success has resulted in The National Law Journal naming us one of the nation’s “winningest firms.” From our main office in St. Louis, we represent clients across the nation—serving as one of the country’s premier litigation firms.