Representing Patients in Missouri & Across the Nation
Physicians, nurses, and all other medical providers must follow the prevailing standard of care, which requires actions or inactions to align with what competent medical professionals would do under similar circumstances. However, healthcare providers sometimes make preventable mistakes resulting in injury to their patients. Diseases are misdiagnosed, lab results are misread, surgeries or other procedures go poorly, and patients are neglected, their complaints ignored. If you have found yourself in this situation, you may be a victim of medical malpractice and should contact our St. Louis medical malpractice attorneys immediately to discuss your legal rights. You may be owed compensation.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in St. Louis
Over $1 Billion Recovered for Clients Across the Nation
Examples of medical malpractice include the following:
- Medication prescription or administration errors
- Emergency department lapses
- Birth injuries to both babies and mothers
- Surgical errors and hospitalization errors
- Failure to properly monitor or follow up with the patient
- Errors involving the administration of anesthesia
- Adverse reactions (to drugs or procedures) and drug interactions
- Delays in diagnosing an illness, condition, or cancer
- Failure to diagnose medical conditions
- Failure to correctly read a report, lab results, or radiology results
Learn More About Simon Law↓
Our Medical Malpractice Services
Elements of a Medical Malpractice Case
Just because a patient did not receive the outcome they wanted from their medical treatment does not automatically mean that their physician committed medical malpractice. In order for a medical negligence lawsuit to be successful, the plaintiff must be able to prove the following four elements: duty, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
- Duty: The doctor or other medical professional had a doctor-patient relationship with the plaintiff and owed him or her a legal duty of care.
- Breach of duty: The doctor failed to meet this standard duty of care.
- Causation: The doctor’s breach of duty was the reason that the patient suffered harm.
- Damages: As a result of all of the above elements, the doctor’s misconduct resulted in economic and non-economic damages (including but not limited to additional medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and pain and suffering).
Medical experts are often the key to validating many of the required elements in a medical malpractice case. Medical procedures, diagnoses, and courses of treatment are complex and if the mistakes are not entirely obvious, testimony of an expert witness is also necessary.
Our St. Louis Medical Malpractice Attorneys Serve Clients Across the U.S.
At The Simon Law Firm, P.C., we recognize that the consequences of a medical mistake can be tremendously difficult for our clients and their families. That’s why our personal injury lawyers have dedicated countless hours reviewing medical records, researching medical literature, and speaking with medical experts about potential claims.
Our St. Louis medical malpractice lawyers provide guidance and advice throughout the entire process. We take the title “attorneys and counselors” seriously, and will address all questions or concerns you have. If you believe you have been injured by a medical provider error, please contact the medical malpractice attorneys at our firm for a free consultation. We will walk through the details and provide you with information to get you through this difficult time.
Since Simon Law’s founding in 2000, we have recovered more than
in verdicts and settlements.
Our mission is to provide the highest-quality legal services with integrity, professionalism and respect for our clients.
We handle our cases on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay unless we recover for your case.
We have been named on of thee “winningest firms” in the U.S. by The National Law Journal.
Meet our Dedicated Team of Attorneys
When you are in need of qualified and reliable guidance, you know where to turn.
The Simon Law Firm, P.C. is ready to listen to your story and review the complex aspects of your case.
Simon Law News
Our mission is to provide the highest-quality legal services with
integrity, professionalism, and respect for our clients.
Contact Our Firm Today
The Simon Law Firm, P.C. has the resources and expertise to handle your case without sacrificing the personalized counsel and support you deserve.